Academic Calendar for all KPK Schools
Hi, if you need to New Academic Calendar for all KPK Schools 2021 and 2022, PDF for all GPS classes, Grade 1st to Grade 5th. The Directorate of Curriculum and Teacher Education Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Abbottabad, being the competent authority under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Supervision of Curricula, Textbooks and Maintenance of Standard of Education Act 2011, has developed. New Academic Calendar for all KPK Schools 2021 and 2022.
The Academic Calendar in hand for the proper functioning of Educational Institutions at the primary level. The Academic Calendar is aligned with the revised Curriculum 2020 and updated textbooks introduced from Grade I-V implementable w.e.f. the academic year 2021 – 22 and onward. It is essential for all the educational institutions at the primary level to follow the Academic Calendar for optimal coverage of all student learning outcomes.
KPK Schools Academic Calendar
The Academic The calendar also makes it convenient for the teachers to use the updated scripted lesson plans for better delivery of the teaching-learning process.
These lessons can be accessed from (Grade I-V) on the Elementary and Secondary Education Department website, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Directorate of Curriculum and Teacher Education, KP, Abbottabad.
New Academic Calendar for all KPK Schools 2021 and 2022
I must say thanks to all those curriculum subject experts, and working teachers who contributed to the development of this Academic Calendar with continuous.
technical support from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Education Sector Programme and hope that these efforts will contribute to better teaching and learning process in the Educational Institutions at the primary level of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
New Academic Calendar for all KPK Schools 2021-22
GUIDELINES FOR TEACHERS Academic Calendar
This Academic Calendar is designed for the implementation of curriculum 2020 (phase one Grades 1 to 5). The basic purpose of the academic
calendar is to improve the teaching-learning process and accomplish the assigned task within the stipulated time i.e., academic session. The
time for each subject is calculated based on the regular school timings and periods allocated as per the approved Scheme of Studies. Details
of the academic year are given below:
Days in a Calendar year 365
Winter/Summer/ Spring vacations 106
Gazetted Holidays and Sundays 49
Days in an academic session 240
Keeping in view the above table, there are eight months for the academic session, hence AC is designed accordingly. Therefore, you are
• Plan your teaching/learning activities according to this academic calendar.
• Cover all the themes, topics, sub-topics within the Academic Session.
• Ensure the proper use of lesson plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
• There are guidelines/teaching tips in the textbooks, design/perform those activities (student-centred) in true spirit using available, no-cost/
• Appropriate homework/assignments should be given with clear instructions/ examples.
• Assessment should be conducted regularly and maintain a proper record of students.
Important Note: Dear Teachers,
• The page number references of the Textbooks in these academic calendars are as per the Textbooks published for the academic year
2021-22. Therefore, in the coming years, you are requested to adjust the Textbook page numbers accordingly.
Grade 1 to 5 academic calendar free download
Academic Calendar for Grade 2
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TEACHERS
This Academic Calendar is specially designed for the years 2020 – 21. As you know that due to COVID 19, we are facing the challenge of limited teaching time this year. In order to assist you to utilize the available time effectively, this Academic Calendar has been developed.
The time for each subject is calculated based on the regular school timetable and periods allocation. A special focus has been given to those examples/questions from exercises that help to achieve most of the SLOs. The SLOs that have been covered either in other SLOs or subjects or even in previous classes are addressed once.
You are requested to:
• Plan your teaching according to the provided academic calendar
• Try to cover all the topics within the allocated period of time.
• Assign homework of few questions for practice and re-enforcement.
• Use the worksheet to reinforce concepts where applicable.
We hope that together we can bridge the gap and improve the learning of our children.